MIUI 11 Global update was announced last month. So far, hundreds of Xiaomi and Redmi devices have been issued the MIUI 11 OTA updates.
Still, there are millions of Xiaomi users in Myanmar waiting for the latest update. To ensure the download servers do not get overcrowded, Xiaomi deliberately made the OTA update process in phases.
That being said, the Downmi Android app can help you get a stable MIUI 11 Global ROM before Xiaomi officially issues the OTA update.
How to install the MIUI 11 Global ROM right now?
- Download the Downmi Android app and install it
- Open the app and select your device
- Scroll down and select “Global Stable” in ROM type
- Carefully choose the MIUI 11 version (match the characters in the bracket from the MIUI 10 version installed in your device)
- Click on the download button
- Copy the downloaded file to the downloaded_rom folder using the File manager
- Now, go to System settings > About phone > System Update > Tap on the logo several times.
- Go to the menu in the top-right corner and tap on Choose update package
- Choose the MIUI 11 ROM from the downloaded_rom folder
Please remember that this applies only to the List of Xiaomi/Redmi devices who have already been issued the MIUI 11 update.
If you prefer to wait for the OTA update, here is the schedule:
Phase I [22- 31 October]
- POCO F1
- Redmi K20
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi 7
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7s
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
Phase II [4 – 12 November]
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi 7 Pro
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Y1
- Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Y2
- Redmi 4
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi Max 2
Phase III [13 – 29 November]
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi 8
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi Note 8
Phase III [18 – 26 December]
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
MIUI 11 Top Features
- Re-designed UI: The user interface of MIUI 10 is chaotic. Xiaomi fixes this with MIUI 11. MIU 11 brings clear UI, powerful navigation gestures and highlights relevant content to the users. Overall, MIUI 11 makes the user interface simple and easy to use and also interactive
- Always-on display: MIUI 11 brings Always-on display. Xiaomi claims “Be it an ever-changing kaleidoscope or rhythmic wave dial” the Always-on display of the MIUI 11 will astonish the users
- Personalize your screen: In addition to the default lock screen wallpaper, MIUI 11 will let users customize wallpapers as per their requirement. Users can also add customizable signatures to the always-on display
- Women’s health: MIUI 11 allows women users to record and track the menstruation cycle. The feature will send notifications like periods start and end date, suggested dates of the next period, and so on
- Health feature: MIUI 11 comes with several health-related features like step tracking, distance walked, calories burned and so on.
- The Note app and calendar app get better and more efficient with the MIUI 11
- MIUI 11 allows users to share files across multiple platforms wirelessly. Notably, his feature is compatible with the devices running Android Pie or later versions (not including Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi 6, Redmi 6A, Redmi 7A, Redmi 7, Redmi S2)
- Notification light: With MIUI 11 Xiaomi has changed the way smartphones alert users of notifications. MIUI 11 brings a new way to show notifications. When a notification hits the phone, the sides on the screen light up. This will happen when the screen of the phone is locked
- Quick replies: MIUI 11 brings Quick replies features. The feature will allow users to send messages while watching videos, reading, or other activities
- Gaming toolbox 2.0: MIUI comes with Gaming toolbox 2.0. This gaming feature allows users to switch between networks, block messages, and answer calls in the background without interrupting gaming session, cast, make screen recordings, among other things. MIUI 11 also brings Game Turbo mode
Herbert is a nom de plume.
I am an experienced telecom professional blogging about the fastest growing Internet market in the world: Myanmar.